Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Bits

I hope your holidays have been good. We've had a lovely time. It's been relaxing and nicely paced and I haven't been able to tell you what day of the week it is for days. I think that's a good sign.

Two of the cutest photos from Christmas Day...our grand-dogs:)

Stella (sitting on first daughter's lap)...


and Dexter!


The Christmas tree at church decorated with the ornaments we made from recycled materials turned out looking quite pretty, I think.


I made only one Christmas gift this year...a doll quilt size (19" x 19") wall hanging for second daughter. The colors in the quilt will go well in any room in her apartment so I'm anxious to see where she hangs it.


I made twelve artist trading cards for a Christmas themed ATC swap, which was a lot of fun.



The best part of Christmas has been spending time with all of our kids, my sister, my brother, my niece and nephews. And the food--oh my gosh--the food has been delicious! Rick's birthday is the day after Christmas, so in addition to all of the holiday goodness, we went out for birthday-barbeque and came home for birthday-pie:)

This week, it's the New Year's holiday (which explains why I'm still confused about what day of the week it is) and an excuse for another delicious meal with friends on New Year's Eve--an early meal...our big party days are behind us.

And next week? I guess my treadmill avoidance time will be over. But that's next week.

Marilyn

6 comments:

MB Shaw said...

Glad you have had a nice holiday. I am also confused about what day it is :-) and trying to start some exercise to fight off all the food, lol.
The quilt is gorgeous!! You did a terrific job.

DarLie*~ said...

Beautiful quilt Marilyn. How do folks get their pets to wear hats etc? My animals are wet blankets when it comes to dress up.
Happiest of holidays to you and yours.
smiles
DarLy*~

3rdEyeMuse said...

what a fabulous update! all the pictures are so wonderful & the church tree really did come out to be a beauty, didn't it! :) lovely quilted wall hanging for D2 ... bet she was thrilled, too.

wishing Rick a happy belated birthday & all of you a most wonderful New Year!

Beth Leintz said...

LOL- I'm seriously suffering from treadmill avoidance too!

Love your dogs' holiday clothes- my husband won't let me put clothes on my puppie :( Dexter looks like a smaller darker face version of my Buddy.

Shawn said...

Love the puppy pics!!! I got your atcs today and they are wonderful!!! The quilt is gorgeous i bet she loved it!

Unknown said...

your ATC's are just beautiful! i'm so glad you enjoyed your holidays!