Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Check Off One "To-Do"


So, one of the items on my summer break to-do list was clean up the craft room! The last time I had a major go-through-and-toss-away session with this room was three and a half years ago when I painted it. How bad could it be? Well, a week's worth of days over the past two weeks and many trash bags full, bad. But I was in the mood! And it felt good! Any sewing during that time was hand sewing (mostly hexies), but I did manage to recover my chair. It had gotten a little sad looking--10+ years and mega hours at the sewing machine will do that to a chair;) The fabric was some I had stashed away for pillows that never got made and I think it turned out to be just the right match for my chair.

I've received all of my Alice in Wonderland bitty blocks...
 

Aren't they adorable?! I added a teapot and teacups that I got in the Teapots & Teacups bitty swap and, of course, The Mad Hatter...


I'm looking forward to getting these put together.....and, hallelujah, I now have the space to get that done;)

Marilyn

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love that chair!

Pernille Høyer said...

Wauw, you had a very cool blog!
Check my blog on http://pernillehoeyersblog.blogspot.dk/ .
I know that it is Danish but maybe you can look at the pictures!:-)