Thursday, July 19, 2012

Who knew a needlebook could be so much fun!!


These hexagons were the start to a needlebook I made for the July Rapid and Tiny Zakka Swap (RATZ Swap). The group is an offshoot of the Doll Quilt Swap group on Flickr and swaps a little something each month (like key fobs and magnets) with a Zakka style in mind. This is only my first month to join in, but I couldn't resist the needlebook project!


After I received my swap partner's name, I just started making several .75" hexies without an exact plan in mind. I ended up choosing 20 and stitched together 4 columns of 5 hexies. Still no plan, but as luck would have it, I had just purchased Tacha Bruecher's book, "Hexa-Go-Go", and in it she makes a lovely needlebook using hexagons.


Since I already had a hexie panel put together that was different from Tacha's, I needed to make a few minor changes, mostly to the measurements, but I thought her directions were easy to follow and I had a good time making it!

Marilyn

4 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

It's great,and I love the colors you have used.
Laura x

Lauren said...

It's absolutely adorable! I always forget you can use a piece of patchwork any place a single piece of fabric is used. How very clever!

Sharon said...

So cute! Three-fourth inch hexies, wow, that's small.

Susie said...

looks amazing - love the colour scheme!