Monday, August 27, 2012

My New Needlebook

I got a really fun package a couple of weeks ago from Wendy. It turns out she was my secret swap partner in the R.A.T.Z. needlebook swap. Wendy and I have swapped bitty blocks and so that added to the fun!
The needlebook she made for me is so wonderful and not a single detail is lost on me...I love the linen and the scrappy border...the embroidered piece on the front, complete with monogram, is lovely! I also love the button closure.
The back, with all of the linen, makes it tactile as well as pretty...and that gingham on the inside--so cute, so sweet!
There are pockets for embroidery floss (or other items, like the mini composition book that Wendy included) and 2 nice size pages of wool felt to hold needles and pins. I can sew on the go with everything I need in one place!

The same week my needlebook came in the mail, I enjoyed some time with my daughter and her kiddos (my grandchildren). Sadly, it was the end of our summer outings before she had to return to work---it seemed like summer break just started! We took them to Wonderscope and here's me with the little sweeties in the Lego room...
I love this photo. I take care of them while their mom is working and this photo pretty much says it all---they're bundles of energy! And I love it!!

Marilyn

No comments: