Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December!

Thought I'd start this holiday month with a photo of the four handmade ornaments I received in the 2012 Trim the Tree Handmade Ornament Swap on Flickr...

 
Felt ornaments---an owl from Lauree, the sweet baby mushroom from Leah, a polar bear from Kylie---and a vintage tart tin turned ornament from Leila.  They really look nice together, I think, and may have to be neighbors on our Christmas tree!
 
If you're looking for fun holiday crafting, may I recommend this fabulous book by John Adams (Quilt Dad)...

 
I have to admit to being a bit biased, however, because I'm excited to say that two of my very own projects are in this book---an insulated table runner and a spiral patchwork ornament!
 
The e-book version was released about this time last year, but was made available in August of this year in a paperback edition.  There are a wide range of projects featured, large and small, with beautiful photographs and great instructions.  So many of the projects can be adapted for making at other times of the year too--it's a great book for inspiration!
Marilyn

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So cool that you got projects in this book! How'd that happen? Did you post comments to his blog? I'll have to check out the book.

brittany marie davis said...

That is neat that you are featured in his book. I've had my eye on that book. It looks really cute. I'll have to check it out, and your cute projects!