Monday, September 29, 2008

Hopes and Dreams

Today, I completed this project using the first of my embroidered faces. It's an art quilt (appx. 14" x 14") made using a reverse applique technique with perle cotton, beads and star sequins used to further embellish it. This was my first try at a scalloped binding--it was easier to do than I expected and I like how it gives the quilt a different look.




I added a rod pocket to the back to insert a dowel rod for hanging on the wall.


The title is "Hopes and Dreams" and is listed in my Etsy Shop.



**********************************


On a different note, guess what THIS is!

It's Lucy's (Fantazya) Diary 2009 Project! My copy came in the mail today and I can't wait to sit and look at all 392 pages of it! Quickly flipping through it earlier, I saw pages contributed by some familiar blogging friends--what fun!


Lucy had the diaries assembled with plain card stock covers so we can personalize them any way we want to.

I contributed two pages to the Diary Project. My birthday...


and Rick's birthday...


I'm really glad I learned about this collaborative--so many creative people, and where to find them, all in one little book!

Marilyn

3 comments:

Pam Warden Art said...

That quilted piece of yours is STUNNING!!!! WOWIE ZOWIE!!!!!!!
I'd have loved to have gotten in on the little book. Dang, I missed it!
Hugs,
Pam

paperhill said...

wow, marilyn that turned out amazing! i love everything about it! have a great week :)

Sabii Wabii said...

I ordered the CD and just took it to Kinkos today...I'm going to pick up tomorrow....I can't wait to see all the great art!

T