Yesterday, I made some progress on my quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 5 by completing the top.
When I showed you the fabrics I purchased for the swap, the stack included two fat quarters that I ended up not using. After I cut out the squares and laid them out, it was just too much pattern for an 18 x 18 inch doll quilt. Sometimes too much really is too much:) Now, on to the batting and the backing and the quilting and the binding and my swapee should have it in her hands by the December 1st deadline.
In other quilting news, Sew Connected 2 is a new Flickr group that I'm excited to be participating in. A virtual quilting bee, we are 16 quilters from around the world who will be creating 16 quilts from January, 2009 through April, 2010--one for each of us!
Each month we will make a quilt for one of the participants with fabric that they've chosen and sent to us...everybody sews one quilt block with the selected fabric and mails the block back...16 quilters, 16 blocks and voila! a beautiful quilt in one month!
I think it will be great fun...every month, seeing all of the different blocks and how they reflect individual quilting styles. I'll keep you posted too.