Monday, May 4, 2009

Swap Til You Drop ~ April

I received the most beautiful mini quilt from Sandi in Wisconsin on Saturday! We were swap partners for April's Swap Til You Drop "Spring Flowers" mini's.

(10.5" x 15")

I LOVE it! Sandi did some incredible paper piecing for this one...even into the border, so cool!!!


The fabric she used on the back is really pretty. Rick likes it a lot too--I may have to look for some to do something with for church.


And look at all of the extra goodies she sent..three pieces of great fabric, a really fun keychain and one of my favorite candies, Neccos, which I've finished off already:)


This is what I sent to Sandi...I wish the photo was better but I took it at night and we all know how those usually turn out! Anyway, Sandi loves it and I'm very happy about that:)

(16" x 16")

When I finished Sandi's mini quilt, I had leftover pieces of fabric and some small half square triangles that I played around with and turned into this quilted notepad. I made the notepad part with graph paper thinking she could also use it to sketch quilt patterns, in addition to making other notes.


This was such a fun swap, so much fun that I'm already signed up for the May swap. The theme for that one is "Alphabet Mania" and my assigned letter is "S". I've got some ideas...let's see what happens!

Marilyn

8 comments:

connie said...

These are both very nice. I love your fabric choices in the swap you made. So nice and springy. You have been busy!

Teresa aka Tess said...

These are all so very pretty. My mom is taking a piecing quilt class now and I haven't seen any of it yet. I can't wait. The quilted notepad was a really neat idea.

Cindy said...

Ooohhhhhhhh, I love the top one! The colors are so pretty! Cool design too!

-c

Anonymous said...

I'm just in awe of both quilts- the crazy quilt piecing the one you received is so cool, and I love the colors on the one you sent.

(I love Neccos too- but I haven't seen them in ages)

Anonymous said...

Beth sent me to see the quilts. They're lovely! I'm curious about the actual size as they are so detailed.
PatinNoDak

Marilyn said...

Thank you for asking about size--I realize it's hard to tell from photos so I've added the sizes under the pics:)

3rdEyeMuse said...

this really WAS a TERRIFIC swap ... I think you both ended up with wonderful treasures! well done. OH! and I LOVE the quilted notepad!

Unknown said...

I think both of you are lucky...love the notepad holder too!