Monday, May 26, 2008

She's here...and she's BEAUTIFUL!

It was a long, white box that the mail carrier delivered--about the same size and shape of a box that flowers come delivered in (it's thanks to my sweetie that I know that). Same sweetie has been expecting a book in the mail and when he walked into the house with the long white box, he said (with that playful smile of his) "Look, my book came." "Uh-uh!" I squealed.

Upon opening it, we both oooh'd and aaah'd at her beauty and giggled with delight at her voluptuous shape--her creator Terisa, Running With Scissors referred to her as buoyant, heehee! I spent a lot of time examining every detail on this beautiful, 34-inch mermaid doll. I just love her!!! Oh, her name--it's Minnie--is taken from a song that Terisa talks about on her blog. I think it's perfect!
Terisa also included a box of embellishment-goodness for me to play with. How wonderful is that!

THANK YOU, Terisa, for making our Mermaid Swap so much fun! (Check out Terisa's blog for more GREAT photos of Minnie!)

Marilyn

3 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

looks like both of you were treated to some amazing art pieces. :) it looks like this was a heck of a fun swap.

Paul Sears said...

so cool - and I love the music on your blog!

Our Hands For Hope said...

Well a big Thank you! So glad you were my partner...