Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mini-Quilt Swap or Santa?

Tuesday afternoon, when the weather had turned nasty and was beginning to get nastier--cold rain turning to snow--a Fed Ex truck pulled up in front of my house. The windows in the craft room face our street so I often have a little warning before the driver lays on the doorbell and drops a package on the porch:)


There were a couple of things different about the delivery. I actually couldn't recall if I was expecting anything--could be a gift--but the really unusual part was the driver was walking to the door! I'm glad he was playing it safe in the slick snow, but have you ever seen a Fed Ex driver on foot that wasn't racing?! It was a first for me.

All of that was unimportant, however, when I saw the return address on the box.....I knew chances were good it was going to be a quilt from a mini-quilt swap with John (Quilt Dad)!


And it was! And it's beautiful! The fabric choices, the design of the blocks and the quilting--I love it all!


And all of the extras he included, well, it felt like Christmas...thanks so much, 'Santa' John!


That teeny cup has got to be the cutest one ever...the little critters on it are so adorable:)




Here is the mini quilt that I made and sent to John:

(front)

(back)


I was inspired by ComfortStitching's Half Hexagon Quilt-a-Long and it was really a lot of fun.

Hope you're having a nice weekend during this holiday season...

Marilyn

No comments: