Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wanna Sneak a Peek?


Today, I finished my creation for the Under The Sea Swap and it is now swimming its way to Bairbre Aine. Here's a little sneak peek...


I can show you more when it beaches itself at Bairbre Aine's. And, on June 19th, Zan Asha, the swap hostess, will be posting a parade of sea creatures from the swap on her blog. I had fun with mine and now I'm anxious to see what others have done. There are some big name doll artists participating so I think it should be a good show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Another sneak peek of something I'm not able to say too much about JUST YET...



It's difficult to be so secretive, but it's also impossible for me to not show you some of what I've been up to this week! So I guess sneak peeks are the way to go for now;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



In other news, I joined another virtual quilting bee group on Flickr. This one is Stash Busting Bee International and is a little different from my other group.

It's the same that each month, we will all make and mail a quilt block to that month's person and by the end of the month she'll have enough blocks to make a whole quilt.

The difference is that instead of each month's person sending out a whole set of fabric for the others to make blocks with, she will just send out a scrap of fabric to each quilter and they will use their own stash to complete the block, incorporating the scrap that was sent.

I think it will be a lot of fun and a creative way to use some of the fabric in the closet and drawers and bags in my craft room. We start in July--I can't wait!

Marilyn

2 comments:

Barb said...

Can't wait to see more of those sneak peaks! And I'm so happy you joined the Stash Busting Bee!

Shawn said...

Miss ya Marilyn! The quilts are gorgeous and I love the sneak peek can't wait to see more! Hope your summer is going good. Take care, Shawn :)