Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Every day of the year, Rick treats me like a QUEEN! Yes, I know I'm lucky and I try hard not to take it for granted. So, on Valentine's Day it's good for me to remember all the love in my life. The love I receive and the love I give--it's pretty huge and amazing if you think about it. So amazing that I believe it calls for a celebration!

And celebrate I will...a romantic dinner for two with my hubby in our favorite place...at home. Rick is an excellent cook and has our meal planned--it's still a secret but I bet it will be yummy! And do you know one of the reasons we like to celebrate at home? Warning: this gets a bit steamy (he-hee!)...it's because we can wear our t-shirts and sweatpants, LOL! Maybe it's a sign of aging but we like to be comfortable. (Don't tell that to Stacy and Clinton on "What Not to Wear", they don't buy it!) Anyhow, let the celebration begin! For me, it just doesn't get any better than a yummy dinner at home with my babe and treating each other like royalty, even in our comfortable clothes!

Here's hoping that your Valentine's Day is full of love, too!

Marilyn

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is exactly what we did. My husband came home from work feeling guilty after everyone shamed him for not taking me out,or buying flowers or candy (which I didn't want!) and I told him that we were very happy with our comfy evening at home together and to not let cliches get in the way of us enjoying our selves our own way!