Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time For Another Reveal


I made this for my newest Flickr quilty group, Swap Til You Drop (STUD!!)...hee-hee, gotta love that name:) There's opportunity to swap every month if you want, but it's not required. The March swap was for a "Japanese Theme" mini quilt.

My partner was Julie. She and her family are currently living in Italy, about an hour north of Venice (her husband is in the Air Force). Can you just imagine what that would be like? I picture it's wonderful!


I've had the button for a while, waiting for the perfect project to use it. I thought it worked well with this quilt. I had fun adding a little pieced strip to the back too.


It only took 7 days for my package to reach Julie and I'm happy to say that she told me she adores her quilt. As I know I will hers--she does beautiful work and her likes are very similar to mine. It is now in-transit and I will definitely share it with you when it arrives.

Julie and I ended up breaking the rules for this swap. The mini's are supposed to be smaller than 15 inches square. About two weeks ago, Julie emailed to say that her quilt designed itself and it turned out to be 12x22. We agreed broken rules make it fun. So then, how funny is this, mine turned out bigger than planned also! I didn't realize it until I was ready to add the backing I had so carefully measured and it wasn't big enough...hmmm, a 12 inch block with a 3 inch border makes a 15x15 mini quilt, right?! Um, nooo, 18x18! Wish I could say that mine was creative intent instead of bad mathematics but it was fun to be partners in crime!

Marilyn

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my! How cute is that! And I really like how you did the border!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh wow, Italy, really!!! That is so cool. I love the colors in the quilt you sent and I can see why she lovs it. Oh please do share your quilt with us and the packaging,postage and all. Neat!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

the button is the PERFECT touch! I think your quilt is really beautiful and a bonus that it's over-sized!

Can't wait to see what's delivered to your doorstep. :)

Cindy said...

Turned out so very pretty! Love the colors you used and the button is perfect!

c

Unknown said...

I really love this one too...I bet she was excited to get it and how can you go wrong with a group named stud????