Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Guilty Pleasures

Ten days post-op and feeling amazing. Minimal pain and, of course, less energy but I'm not complaining. It's a good time for things like coloring...


I love to color! I especially like coloring books that I can get from Dover and Bellerophon; and also mandala coloring pages that can be downloaded from different sites online.

But I really love my prismacolor pencils!


If you use colored pencils, you know what I mean...laying down color with these is practically effortless and even meditative:)


And puzzles...the dining room table is currently covered with 1000 puzzle pieces. Seeing the table reminds me of my grandparents who frequently worked jigsaw puzzles, although I think they used a card table. Guess they used the dining table for crazy things like big meals or something!


So far, the outside border and the cornflakes box are put together. No rush, it's a process, lol! The part of the process I really like is when I walk by the table, pick up a puzzle piece and magically drop it into its proper place! The part I don't like is having 100 or so pieces that seem to all be the same color--green, in the case of this puzzle!

*************************************



The fabric I ordered for my Doll Quilt Swap 7 quilt came in the mail on Tuesday. I'm excited to get started!

Marilyn

5 comments:

Debi said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend and feeling better!

laura said...

glad to hear you are feeling good. i too love my prismacolor pencils, i treasure them because i got them for my 12th birthday.
and so jealous that you got to eat brisket, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Lurline said...

Oh, you are making me sad that I didn't join this swap!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Alexis said...

I love your DQS7 fabrics! I'm glad you are feeling well. It's great when grown-ups color. Your recooperation strategy reminds me a lot of Frida... and she's amazing too :-)

3rdEyeMuse said...

hehe ... I'm with you on coloring books/pages, Prisma colors & puzzles. :) glad you are doing so well.